Monday, July 12, 2010

How our story begain...

Lu-Lu, this is how your Papa and I met....

Papa and I meet at Perry's Egyptian theater in Ogden, Utah. He worked back stage and I worked front of house (someday I will explain that all to you). My boss was the Mom of Papa's high school friend, Matt. One day your Papa was covering for someone that worked with me - it wasn't the first time I had met him, but the first time that I really talked to him or noticed that he had this smile that was just, well, captivating! I had asked him to work for me around New Year's because I had tentative plans to go out of town - he said "sure"- and in that small talk I knew he was someone that I wanted to get to know.

We worked together a lot that month (it had to be about November, maybe October). One show we were working was a HUGE dance program that was pure TORTURE. As the show was winding down I spotted your Papa at the back of the theater looking tense and tired. I made my first move and grabbed him by the shoulders and started to rub them. I told him he did a good job that day and he kept his cool really well. After we had bee together for a while Papa told me that he was so scared and nervous and that his heart was racing. From that time on, I think deep down we both each knew that we had both meet some one special. After the show we sat in the office with the rest of the staff and ate pizza. I remember putting my head in his lap (I never asked what he thought about that, looking back i wish that i had asked) and I remember him clumsily stroking my hair.

(Truly this makes me smile remembering all this)

Papa walked me to my car that afternoon, and he became suddenly bold and asked me for my phone number. I didn't have any paper so I wrote it down on an oil and oil filter receipt. Papa told me later that this impressed him a lot. He said, "Wow a girl that can change her oil by her self! How awesome she can fend for her self.". And I was! I want you to grow and become all sorts of independent and strong!

The next post will be about our first date...(someday you will want to hear all this sappy stuff. Until than bear with me as I enjoy the wild ride to the past and memories that made me, that made us , who we are.)

Lil' Lu-Lu I am so happy to have you. You are the living proof that we had LOVE, and everyone deserves love like we had and still have. Even if Papa is not with us there will always be love, and lots of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment